WEATHER & ENVIRONMENTAL NEWS IN YUKON
2012/06/08: FLOOD & MUD SLIDE SOUTH YUKON
Alaska Highway near Rancheria
Empty shelves in groceries
Links to online news:
List of closed roads after bad weather:- Several washouts and mudslides have occurred between Watson Lake and Teslin, and Haines Junction and Destruction Bay on the Alaska Highway.
Washouts have also occurred between Carcross and Fraser on the South Klondike Highway. Travel within these regions is not advised at this time.
- Highway 1, the Alaska Highway, is closed between Jct 37 and Teslin due to a mud slide and washouts.
- Highway 1, the Alaska Highway, is closed between Haines junction and Destruction Bay due to a washout near Km 1639.
- Highway 2, the South Klondike Highway, is closed due to a washout at km 79.8.
- Highway 4, the Campbell Highway is closed at km 141.5 due to washouts.
- Highway 6, the South Canol Road, is closed untill further notice due to a washout at Murphy Creek.
- Highway 10, the Nahanni Range Road is closed at km 62 due to washouts.
- Aishihik Road is washed out at KM 24.5 due to high water level in the Aishihik River.